Spanish I and II teacher for the coming 2013-2014 school year
Oaks Christian School (www.oakchristian.org ) is an independent school located in Westlake Village, CA (Los Angeles area, 5 miles from Malibu, CA) providing an exemplary college preparatory education for 6th-12th grade students in a Christian environment. OCS seeks a diverse student body consisting of intellectually, physically and spiritually gifted young men and women who are interested in refining their God-given talents.
The educational experience at OCS seeks to develop each student's mind, body, and spirit to their fullest potential through challenging course work, competitive athletic teams, artistic and creative expression, and spiritual training by the finest Christian teachers and coaches in the nation.
OCS is looking for a Spanish I and II teacher for the coming 2013-2014 school year. We are committed to TPRS (Teaching Proficiency through Reading and Storytelling)/comprehensible input methodology. Our classes are highly interactive utilizing TPRS materials (textbooks and novels) and technology (Smart Boards, online access). The Spanish programs extends from first year through two separate fifth year classes (AP and college prep) with honors classes offered at the third and fourth year levels.
A more detailed job description can be found at: www.oakschristian.org >About us>Employment opportunities>Teacher, Spanish, High School. Interested candidates should fill out the online application or contact Jeanne McCollum (Department Chair of Modern & Classical Languages) at
TPRS Spanish Positions Open for the 2013-2014 School Year
Oakmont High School, in the Sacramento area of Northern California, is searching for two full-time and one part-time Spanish Teacher who believes in TPRS and Teaching with Comprehensible Input (TCI)!
Oakmont High School has a population of approximately 1800 students and is located 30 minutes East of Sacramento, near the Foothills of the Sierra Nevada. We are two hours from San Francisco, an hour and a half from Lake Tahoe, and only an hour from some of the best wine country in the world! Whether you want the beach, mountains, or wine, we are the place for you!!! Oh yeah, the Spanish Department is all TPRS/TCI friendly and has strong admin support.
Oakmont High School is looking for an outstanding teacher who is experienced in teaching a native/heritage speakers Spanish class, Honors classes, and/or IB. Experience in collecting data using TPRS is also a plus; we could use some help in that area!
Interested candidates can apply online right now at:http://www.edjoin.org/searchResults.aspx?countyID=31&districtID=543
and please contact Clarice Swaney at
to let her know you have applied for the position. The deadline for applying is Sunday, April 14th, 11:55 pm.
IB-trained Native speaker and veteran TPRSer
We're going to have at least one full-time Spanish job and possibly two next year at Capuchino High School in the SMUHSD, about 12 miles south of San Francisco. (It's a great paying school district with great benefits. See our salary schedule at:
http://smuhsd.ca.schoolloop.com/file/1224132524944/1257605326962/596100790935014\1686.pdf) Teachers new to the district can start as high as step 5.
Our dream candidate is an IB-trained Native speaker and veteran TPRSer, but we'll definitely be considering everyone who is committed to comprehensible input and capable of teaching at least years 1-3. The job probably won't be posted until May because of of District Office protocol. However, we wanted to get the word out to the TPRS community for people who might not necessarily be looking to change jobs.
Again, the job isn't posted yet, so DO NOT contact the district or the school admin yet. Email Erik at
if you are interested or if you have further questions.
Vibrant, progressive, Arts focused private elementary/middle school seeks energetic TPRS centered Spanish Teacher. Please email resume to
Full Time French Teacher / Short-Term Spanish Teacher
Valor Christian High School in Highlands Ranch, CO, is seeking a full time instructor to teach French in our World Language Department, as well as a Short-term Spanish instructor. Candidates should have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree; however a Master’s degree in subject matter is preferred. High School teaching experience preferred; language fluency is required.
Essential Job Functions:
· Possess an in-depth knowledge of subject to be taught
· Be familiar with TPRS and Comprehensible Input Instructional methods and be willing to use them as a foundation for classroom instruction
· Teach effectively for appropriate levels and courses within subject area for grades 9-12.
· Live out and model an authentic relationship with Jesus Christ
· Create a classroom environment and learning activities that encourage student involvement and participation.
· Vary teaching methods and adapt to students’ abilities to maximize learning
· Prepare educational lesson plans and related study which are fully engaging and which meet the spiritual, and academic needs of students
· Integrate a Biblical worldview into teaching within the field of World Languages
· Willingness to invest time and effort into the development of the World Languages curriculum and program
· Constructively and collaboratively assess and address students’ learning to maximize their progress
· Relate to, understand and connect with students, parents and community
· Maintain accurate and timely records for both grades and attendance
· Engage in ongoing communication with parents
· Willingness to collaboratively assess writing, develop rubrics, and plan instructional units
Valor requires the use of our online application system for employment. This system provides for the efficient control of information. Applications and resumes are only accepted for open positions. Please visit our employment page: http://vsecure.valorchristian.com/jobapp/employment.aspx
WYOMING CITY SCHOOLS
Wyoming, Ohio 45215
ANNOUNCEMENT OF VACANCY
April 19, 2013
Primary Schools Spanish Teacher
A full-time position is available starting with the 2013-14 school year. Candidates must have licensure to teach Spanish in grades K-12.
· Experience in program and curriculum development
· Primary teaching experience
· Understanding and implementation of TPRS and/or Contextualized Input methods
Competitive salary and benefits.
In addition to completing an on-line application at www.ohioteachingjobs.org, interested candidates should send a letter of interest, resume and list of reference contacts to:
Wyoming City Schools
Attn: Dr. Susan Brunke-Asst. Superintendent
420 Springfield Pike
Wyoming, Ohio 45215
Each applicant's resume and qualifications will be evaluated and those deemed most qualified will be invited to participate in interviews.
Deadline to apply: Position open until filled
An Equal Opportunity Employer